Friday, October 26, 2012

Sex and voting - new Obama campaign ad.

I guess "anything goes" is the motto for the Obama campaign staff and their use of a new political ad featuring Lena Dunham who compares losing her virginity with voting for Obama.
President Obama's campaign is out with an eyebrow-raising new ad targeting young voters in which Lena Dunham, the creator of the HBO hit series 'Girls,' compares her first voting experience to losing her virginity.

'Your first time shouldn’t be with just anybody,' Dunham, 26, says in the ad. 'You want to do it with a great guy.

Dunham goes on to explain that 'your first time' should be with 'someone who really cares about and understands women; A guy who cares whether you get health insurance and specifically whether you get birth control."

'The consequences are huge,' she continues.

Dunham wraps up the Obama ad by describing her coming-of-age experience at the voting booth.

'It was this line in the sand,' she says. 'Before, I was a girl. Now, I was a woman. I went to the polling station, I pulled back the curtain, I voted for Barack Obama.'

No comments: