Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Chair of Republican Party say prolife and marriage are important and talks about God and New Testament.

The chairman of the national Republican Party Reince Priebus made a strong statement in support of the party's pro-life and pro-marriage platform positions.

He said:
“I do believe, and I still will tell you that our party believes that marriage is between one man and one woman. Our party believes that life begins at conception. I think those are foundational issues that aren’t going anywhere but what I have said, which I don’t think should be controversy at all and I would think that Christians and pastors and everyone in between should agree that our principles have to be draped in the concepts of grace, love and respect and that’s not code language. That’s the New Testament so I don’t think there should be any problem with that thinking in our party. If you’re looking at the evidence, what you will see is a party that embraces life, a party that embraces marriage and a chairman that understands that there’s only one sovereign God and that we ultimately aren’t dependent on what happens in politics. ”
I think as significant as his comments in support of marriage and life is the basis on which he makes these statements: God's standards and the New Testament.  As we've always said marriage is designed by God and life is sacred.  We are sadly mistaken to think we have the right or the ability to change what God has established.


No comments: