This is clear not only on their op/ed page but also in their general news coverage.
Among Monday's op/ed pieces we find:
- The editorial page editors push for passage of the health care takeover bill in Congress. "Status quo is risky health care strategy." The attitude is we have to pass the health care bill in Congress because of cost concerns. They of course don't consider whether the proposed changes are worse than the status quo. (I believe the status quo is unsustainable but what they're proposing is only more of the same.)
- They run a gun control related op/ed piece from the Los Angeles Times.
- Then there are two stories on animal rights. "Saving our pets must be a team effort".
- Then a mislabeled piece "One of the species endangered is man" which has nothing to do with man being an endangered species. It's only about animal species.
- And then a opinion piece by liberal columnist EJ Dionne we heard again a call for passage of the health care bill in Congress.
- Then there's a cartoon attacking Obama for his surge efforts in Afghanistan.
No wonder the Star Tribune is in such bad shape financially. People can and are getting their news from other sources; sources without such a leftward perspective.