In response, Obama and his media defenders argue the bill talked about "age appropriate" sex education. I've heard the line about age appropriate before -- that's what the promoters of comprehensive sex education always say. But when you look at the specifics of comp sex ed, it's anything but age appropriate.
Here's an example of what comp sex ed advocates would consider "age appropriate" based on SIECUS, comp sex ed guidelines. (SIECUS stands for "Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States" and they establish nationally recognized comprehensive sex education standards.) Here's a sample of what they recommend for kids, ages 5 to 8.
Ages 5 to 8 --
- "A family consists of two or more people who care for each other in many ways."
- "Vaginal intercourse - when a penis is placed inside a vagina - is the most common way for an egg and sperm to join."
- “Both boys and girls have body parts that feel good when touched.”
- “Touching and rubbing one’s own genitals to feel good is called masturbation.”
- "Masturbation should be done in a private place."
- “Adults often kiss, hug, touch and engage in other sexual behavior with one another to show caring and to feel good."
Comprehensive sex education is really "anything goes" sex education and it's used to indoctrinate our kids as young as in kindergarten.